March Madness!

March marches on... but our reno's have haulted while everyone is down and out with a cold and/or bronchitis! Everyone, I mean everyone has caught it and half of us are still fighting it. Boo to cold germs! Our basement is sitting and longing for mud and tape so it can be painted and filled with toys, children, a puppy and grownups once again! My self imposed "deadline" of ummm... tomorrow... was a wish (not come true) never the less I will be downstairs first thing tomorrow to do what I can to get the process moving again. I have to, the Home and Garden Show is coming in two weeks and how could I possibly start another project if this one isn't completed yet!?! HA HA... just kidding, I WANT to stay married to my fabulous husband! A few meetings this week will keep me busy in the evenings, Monday, Steve and I are going to take on city counsel over a potential housing project that is threatening to take over a green space and park in our neighbourhood. I could rant and rave all about this but will save it for next week once we see how the city counsel meeting plays out. Wish our neighbourhood luck! I am also going to a meeting that evening that may just put me back into the work force - yikes! So double luck is what I need! Wednesday is my monthly Parent Association meeting at Breanna's school. I tease her that us parents and the principal meet in the tee-pee in her library and eat candy all night while we think up homework ideas! Bre hasn't stopped asking to come with me to one of these "mystery" meetings since I first joked with her! I have also been reading my butt off while everyone here has been recovering. My monthly book club is reading "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. It is the first fantasy book I have ever read and it is a long one, good but long. It is a challenge for me and I will complete it, I just have to know how she became the wicked witch of the west! I have 12 more days to finish it... and my basement... hmmmm... think I can mud and tape while reading my book? I sure create my own chaos, wouldn't have it any other way! Did I mention I have a dresser, two night stands and an armoire to put together, oh and all new flooring to install in the family room and kids play area once the walls are finished!?! So what am I doing sitting in front of this lap top?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment